Adding Primary Documents
“Primary documents” are images or texts which will be included in the Table of Contents for a project. In DM 1.0, images must always be primary documents, but non-primary texts can also be created by adding annotations to a highlight.
- Open the Table of Contents.
- Click the “Add Resource” drop-down menu.
- Click the “New Text” or “Upload Image” button.
Adding a New Text:
- If you clicked the “New Text” button, a new primary text document will be created and displayed within DM.
- Rename this file by selecting and typing over the “Untitled text document” text in the title bar.
- Type or paste in any content you wish into the body of the file.
Uploading a New Image:
If you clicked the “Upload Image” button, then click the “Choose File” button and choose a file.
- You should name the file the way you wish it to display, though you can always rename it later. Enter a name in the “Title” box
- Click the “Upload” button.
- The uploaded video will now be present in the Table of Contents.
Note: DM requires JPEG (.jpg) images, and these should be no larger than 3 or 4 MB in size, and under about 7500 pixels in height or width, ideally at 72dpi. Because of memory considerations, larger images will not display or move as smoothly as smaller sized images