Digital Mappa 2.0
DM 2.0 is currently in development, with generous funding from a multiyear UW2020 grant, with a planned release of early 2019.
Among many planned features under development, DM 2.0 will include:
- enhanced textual and visual editing, marking and formatting tools for images and texts (e.g. color coding for image and text highlights)
- management and display of large numbers of images and texts in collections and nested sub-collections
- dedicated and persistent WWW urls for every document highlight and annotation, to allow external web resources to link directly to and then display a specific moment inside a DM project
- the ability to consume some online images into projects, including those freely available on line, and from manifests for digital repositories
- more sophisticated search features
- improved multi-user functionality
- full browser and touch screen compatibility
- enhanced backup and restore features
- incorporation of the IIIF standard for improved image access and viewing.
- compatibility with DM 1.0 projects – with the DM 2.0 release, scripts will be provided which can be run by network admins to open and port DM 1.0 servers and their projects to a new DM 2.0 server.
This page, as well as the DM forum, will be updated periodically with DM 2.0 developments