Pasting images and videos into text documents
Tools for working with images and videos in text documents in DM 1.0 are limited, and DM 2.0 should feature enhanced tools for working with images and videos.
DM 1.0 can support pasting images and videos into text documents from the web, depending on the particulars of the format. Images and videos have to have their own linked url in the webpage they are copied from (e.g. an embedded YouTube video). In the examples below, the image and video are copied from WordPress files they are already embedded within. Pasting such media and accompanying text will also import other formatting, such as background colors (as in the copying video example, below).
Pasting web-embedded images into text documents:
- Copy a web-embedded image from a webpage that is external to the DM project.
- Paste the image into a text document.
- Note: images pasted into DM text files are not “active” and cannot have highlights, annotations, or links assigned to them as with images uploaded into a DM project through the normal process.
Pasting web-embedded videos:
- Copy a web-embedded video from a webpage that is external to the DM project..
- Paste the video into a text document.