Sharing a Project Privately
Once you’ve created a project, you can add other users with accounts on your DM server to be able to read, edit or administrate your project. This is different than simply making a project public for anyone to view.
- Open the Table of Contents (by clicking on the project title in the top right of the menu bar).
- Click the “Project Info and Sharing” button in the top-left corner of the table of contents.
- In the “Add a user …” box, begin to enter the name or email address of the user account you wish to add. The program will predicatively suggest names of existing DM accounts in the hosted DM environment that can be added. If a user doesn’t have an account already on the hosted DM server, they will need to create one.
- Select the account name you wish to add.
- The name will appear at the bottom of user list; scroll down to it if need be, and select the access permissions (“can read”, “can modify”, or “admin”:
“Can Read” = viewing-only permissions; user can not change content.
“Can Modify” = editing permissions; user can edit texts, add or delete highlights and links, and add or delete images or texts from the project.
“Admin” = user can add or delete other users on the project, change a user’s permissions, and delete the project.
- After you have added all the users you wanted to, click the “Save” button.